We got this little dresser from Robert's Nana when we got married. It's been with us ever since, but I was never wild about this green. It looked a little tropical for our house, so I finally took the jump last weekend to try milk paint. This is the before picture (I'd taken off a few of the knobs already)
I just gave a quick sandpaper to the wood to get any big chips off. NO priming. Can you believe it. I'm all for leaving out the intense sanding and priming.
Gave things a couple coats of milk paint (I used Queenstown Gray from General Finishes). I was pleasantly surprised at the lack of fumes and the quick dry! Side note: this is why I need a workshop. This is the second refinishing/painting project I've done in our living room in the past few months.
After a night of letting things dry...little dresser was ready for action. Yeah, there might be a little dog hair on the floor. Just getting real.
I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. And, since there's little prep, and super quick dry time between coats (about 1.5 hours), it's a good weekend project. Next up...painting the couch!